Our mission is to encourage the residents, friends, and guests of Bay Head, New Jersey of all ages to adopt and maintain active and healthy life styles by encouraging physical activity, promoting healthy eating, and fostering a sense of community and unique town identity and purpose.
To establish Bay Head as the leading community in the state of New Jersey regarding its emphasis on health and wellness as indicated by the health of its residents, the range of programs available within the community; and the prioritization of active living as an essential element in Bay Head's future and ongoing development.
- To identify and provide a source of funding for projects and activities that encourage people of all ages to move more, make healthy food choices, and connect with others in healthy ways.
- To seek, cultivate, and build widespread community agreement regarding the importance of wellness with local residents, businesses, schools, churches, civic organizations, and local government.
- To make active living a community priority that is reflected in all future town planning, policies, and development efforts.
- To identify, analyze, prioritize, champion, and provide funding for larger capital improvement projects that encourage people to be more active and that build upon the unique history, culture, ecology, and natural beauty of Bay Head.
- To develop a Wellness Plan road map of active living projects and to be a key advocate for their timely implementation.
- To establish Bay Head as the leading community in the state of New Jersey regarding its emphasis on health and wellness.
- To serve as a “Center of Excellence” model for other NJ communities in developing their own wellness program and supporting infrastructure.